The Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Los Fresnos CISD Dress Code
(Taken from the Student Handbook, Page 20-21)
Dress and Grooming
The District’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. The Dress Codes will be strictly enforced, and disciplinary action will be taken. At the Principal’s discretion, any article of clothing that is deemed inappropriate will not be permitted.
Students’ personal dress and grooming must comply with the following guidelines:
District Standardized Dress Code
Tops: Tops without logos, t-shirt style, school spirit shirts (on designated days), button-down shirts or polo-type shirts in white, navy, or red are allowed. Baggy, sagging, oversized or tight fitting clothing are not permitted. In preparation for middle school, all fifth grade students must have shirts tucked in to allow belts to be visible at all time.
Bottoms: Pants, shorts, or overalls that are blue denim, navy blue, or khaki and that are free from design and detailing are required. All pants, shorts, skirts, and other bottoms must be worn at waist level. Clothing that is torn or has distracting holes is not permitted.
Cover Ups: All cover ups must have zipper or button front and be of waist length and worn unzipped/unbuttoned. Pullover hoodies or sweatshirts are not permitted.
Body piercing, (ex. belly button, nose, lips) is not allowed. Pierced ears are allowed for girls only.
Tattoos. All tattoos must be covered with clothing.
No colored hair spray, colored gel, hair extensions of any color or distracting dyed hair coloring is permitted.
Accessories: No excessive, distracting jewelry or accessories are permitted. It is highly recommended that all backpacks and book bags be clear or mesh. Caps or hats are not to be worn in the building.
Belts with metal studs will not be permitted due to safety hazard.
At the Principal’s discretion, any article of clothing that is deemed inappropriate will not be permitted.
Additional Requirements for Boys
Hair shall be clean, well groomed, and neatly trimmed. Hair shall not be permitted below the ear lobe. Hair on the forehead shall not be worn below the brow and must be above the shirt collar. Rattails, Fohawks, Mohawks, or shaved symbols are not permitted.
Shoes shall be worn at all times. Flip-flops/thongs are not permitted.
Shirts should be buttoned except that the top two buttons at the neck may be unbuttoned provided that bare chests are not exposed.
Earrings are not permitted.
Additional Requirements for Girls
Hair shall be clean, well groomed, not cover eyes or interferes with eye sight. No rattails, Fohawks, Mohawks, or shaved symbols will be permitted.
Dresses, skirts, and shorts shall be no more than four inches above the top of the knee.
Tank tops, spaghetti straps, or shirts with straps that expose the torso shall not be worn as outer garments.
Short blouses that let the waist show are not permitted. The nude look, see through blouses, and revealing fashions are not permitted.
Make-up is not allowed.
Grooming shall be confined to the restrooms.
Shoes shall be worn at all times. Flip-flops/thongs, wedges, and high heels are prohibited.
Leggings will not be permitted.