Los Fresnos Elementary School is located on Texas Highway 100 in the cluster of the district’s three oldest campuses.
The current Los Fresnos Elementary campus was built in 1985. Additions were completed in 1951, 1967 and 1995. The first Los Fresnos Elementary building was constructed in 1915 as a one-room schoolhouse on a site that is currently the playground for Resaca Middle School.
LFE houses about 570 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5 and is a feeder to Liberty Memorial Middle School. The school mascot is Little Falcons and the principal is Veronica Grimaldo.
The Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.